Careers: Marketing Writer
Who is LeanDNA?
LeanDNA is helping solve the $150B problem that global manufacturers face–too much inventory. Excess inventory ties up critical working capital and keeps manufacturing companies from being as efficient as they should be. Similarly, these companies are faced with operational fires related to critical inventory shortages that create delays in delivering their product to customers on time. Without an effective way to optimize inventory, manufacturers are buying too much, not enough, or it’s in the wrong place at the wrong time.
LeanDNA’s cloud-based analytics platform provides operational efficiency and improves on-time delivery by arming supply chain professionals with the tools to dramatically reduce excess inventory, deliver on time, and establish operational command across their organizations, delighting customers and unlocking new business growth. The platform utilizes predictive and prescriptive analytics to support inventory decisions, find opportunities to get ahead of future shortages, and drive collaboration across teams, suppliers, and factory sites.
Marketing Writer Job Description
LeanDNA is looking for a marketing writer to help tell the story of our fast-growing startup. Our ideal candidate is an exceptional writer experienced in producing content for B2B companies; one who can transform technical details and complex concepts into thought-provoking, easy-to-understand stories. You must have demonstrated experience writing for a variety of audiences, channels, mediums, as well as tracking content performance. You must possess a strong desire to test content to determine what is resonating with particular audiences, and to adjust accordingly.
This role will report directly to the Brand and Communications Manager, and will work closely with our marketing team on content ideation, execution, and communication, as well as cross-functionally with sales, customer success, product, and leadership. You thrive on managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders and executing them flawlessly.
What you’ll do
- Write, edit, and proofread content and copy
- Brainstorm ideas and develop new content in collaboration with growth, customer, product, and brand marketing teammates
- Provide editorial, creative, and technical support to marketing and cross-functional team members
- Work with the marketing team to track analytics and ascertain content engagement
- Review, revise, and optimize content based on SEO, engagement, and conversion data
- Collaborate with design/creative to produce content
- Share content via social, email, and web channels
Who you are
- You have 2-4 years B2B marketing experience, or similar
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are versatile with both short-form and long-form content including, but not limited to, ads, blogs, newsletters, white papers, and data sheets
- You’re creative and curious, with a journalistic edge
- You have the ability to develop engaging content from a blank page
- You’re a self-starter, with excellent project management skills and a bias to hitting deadlines
- You are familiar with content management systems, WordPress in particular
- You are familiar with web and content analytics tools, Google Analytics in particular
- You have experience with social media management
- You can context switch between mediums, audiences, and channels
- You possess a deep understanding of how audiences and personas drive content development (Supply chain knowledge is a plus!)
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, journalism, public relations, or communications
- Most importantly, you embody our FOUR core values
- Unwavering humility. You leave your ego at the door. We’re all about listening, sharing generously, and making sure that when we succeed, we succeed together.
- Fire in the belly. You show up every day hungry to accomplish our company goals. You’re passionate about bringing our customers value with every move (which means working intentionally to drive results, instead of to stay busy).
- One team. You’re extremely collaborative and love working on a motivated team—this helps maintain our accountable, transparent, and trusting culture.
- Relentless curiosity. You strive for continuous innovation and improvement. We don’t rely on the status quo to solve our customers’ challenging problems—we push boundaries.