Careers: Product Analyst/Associate PM
LeanDNA is helping solve the $150B problem that global manufacturers face–excess inventory tying up critical working capital and keeping manufacturing companies from being as efficient as they need to be. Without an effective way to optimize inventory, manufacturers are buying too much, too little, or placing inventory in the wrong place at the wrong time. Companies are stuck fighting operational fires related to critical inventory shortages, creating delays in delivering their product to customers on time.
LeanDNA’s factory inventory optimization and shortage management solution quickly empowers supply chain professionals to dramatically reduce excess inventory, deliver on time, and establish operational command of their organization’s inventory operations. LeanDNA optimizes the inventory management process by adding the much-needed (and much-appreciated) artificial intelligence into the forgotten area of the business: The factory. It’s not just about smart inventory planning—true optimization occurs when procurement leaders have command over the operation, and the supply chain teams tasked with bringing those plans to life have total visibility, AI-driven recommendations, and a clear game plan for hitting their inventory goals every time.
LeanDNA is rapidly growing, recently securing its Series B funding as they build the market for factory inventory optimization solutions for discrete manufacturers. Benefitting from very little direct competition, a tremendous ROI, rapid implementation, highly referenceable customers, and an addressable market of $1.7B in the U.S. alone, LeanDNA is well-positioned for rapid growth. Manufacturing sites across 17 countries rely on LeanDNA every day to optimize inventory and prevent shortages–and after a short 5-week implementation, they reduce inventory by 14% and shortages by 32% within the first year.
As a Product Analyst, you will play a critical role as we transform the way supply chain teams work by replacing their outdated and manual processes (typically a messy combination of spreadsheets, BI tools, and email) with our intuitive, purpose-built, AI-driven platform. The result is passionate and humbling customer loyalty – we consistently hear from our customers how we’ve changed their lives, and it never gets old.
Sound exciting? It is! The Product team at LeanDNA is right in the middle of the action and plays an important role in the success of the company. If you are obsessed with data, analytics, and your users, then you may be the perfect fit. You enjoy working on small teams that have a big impact and love applying cutting-edge technology and great design to solve meaningful business problems.
You’ll report to our Platform Product Manager and work side-by-side with our Marketing, Customer Success and Engineering teams to drive LeanDNA’s platform vision, focused on scaling our unique customer data and market insights from across our customer base to improve our differentiated data story. This role requires coordinating all product analytics activities from vision to implementation, including engaging other department leaders to understand their needs, developing long-term analytics strategy, defining an analytics roadmap, working with engineering to build those products, and coordinating with various internal stakeholders (both pre- and post-launch) to ensure success. The right candidate will have to balance technical and business-centric demands to keep our platform ahead of the curve.
In this role you will do:
- Be a strategist – define the vision and strategy for customer and product analytics, and advance our market leadership position by making the right insights available to our customers.
- Be a problem solver – research and identify the problem and market opportunity, ideate solutions, prototype, and validate hypotheses.
- Be customer-centric – understand internal user needs and advocate for the user while advancing the needs of the business.
- Be a value catalyst – leverage LeanDNA’s unique data and AI to unlock new experiences and new features that deliver the full potential of LeanDNA to our clients.
- Be a Team Player – collaborate with domain experts, developers and data engineers to define the technology infrastructure and data architecture necessary to deliver differentiated data to our customers.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of Product Analyst, Business Analyst, or BI experience in SaaS or enterprise software – experience in analytics, supply chain or ERP for manufacturing a plus.
- Technical background – you will bring strong SQL querying and BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, Looker) expertise that will complement the strengths of the LeanDNA product management team.
- Experience in defining and managing a product analytics strategy for platforms and/or SaaS applications or similar technical products – knowledge of ETL concepts
- Strong stakeholder management skills with proven ability to build relationships, lead by influence and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability with a data-driven approach to decision making.
- Excellent written and presentation skills – ability to distill complex problems and communicate with non-technical stakeholders on insights and meaning from data, and communicate the business value and technical rationale behind your analytics decisions.
- Ability to self-manage and act with autonomy
- Work closely with engineers, internal stakeholders, and customers to manage end-to-end roadmap on how we productize analytics across the platform with a data-driven approach to prioritization.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and customer success teams to create the insights content and tools needed to successfully sell, implement, and service our customers – communicating findings in verbal, visual, or written form.
- Establish data-driven decision making culture by enabling all teams at LeanDNA to leverage product data and market insights
- Create a framework to provide data quality visibility to internal key stakeholders and our customers.
- Define and utilize metrics to influence market insights and customer value/ROI and evolve the strategy as needed.
- Analyze and report on product engagement insights to the company.
- Drive to improve models, presentations, processes and data quality over time — always be innovating and improving.
- Most importantly, you embody LeanDNA’s four core values:
- Fire in the belly. You show up every day hungry to accomplish our company goals. You’re passionate about bringing our customers value with every move (which means working intentionally to drive results over staying busy).
- One team. You’re extremely collaborative and love working on a motivated team—this helps maintain our accountable, transparent, and trusting culture.
- Unwavering humility. You leave your ego at the door. We’re all about listening, sharing generously, and making sure that when we succeed, we succeed together.
- Relentless curiosity. You strive for continuous innovation and improvement. We don’t rely on the status quo to solve our customers’ challenging problems—we push boundaries.