Careers: Marketing Development Representative
Who is LeanDNA?
LeanDNA is helping solve the $150B problem that global manufacturers face – too much inventory. Excess inventory ties up critical working capital and keeps manufacturing companies from being as efficient as they should be. Similarly, these companies are faced with operational fires related to critical inventory shortages – creating delays in delivering their product to customers on time. Without an effective way to optimize inventory, manufacturers are buying too much, not enough, or it’s in the wrong place at the wrong time.
LeanDNA’s cloud-based analytics platform provides operational efficiency and improves on-time delivery by arming Supply Chain teams with data and actions aimed at reducing shortages, optimizing inventory, and improving work. The platform utilizes predictive and prescriptive analytics to support inventory decisions, find opportunities to get ahead of future shortages and drive collaboration across teams, suppliers, and factory sites.
What is the Marketing Development Representative role at LeanDNA?
A Marketing Development Representative (MDR) at LeanDNA is ultimately responsible for helping the company scale demand generation efforts. The MDR reports to the Senior Growth Marketing Manager and completes tasks such as triaging, cleansing, and appending lead data, as well as liaising with sales—particularly Business Development Representatives (BDRs)—to expedite and optimize the lead management process.
An MDR position at LeanDNA offers the unique opportunity to learn modern marketing first-hand, including account-based marketing (ABM), inbound marketing, and coordinated, integrated outbound efforts, as well as all the supporting brand, communications, and digital activities. At the same time, daily engagement with the sales organization and immersion in the lead and sales processes will teach best-practice SaaS go-to-market skills. Success in this role will afford an MDR with opportunities to progress in either marketing or sales roles.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the first set of eyes on customer and prospect lead data, ensuring that all required information has been completely and accurately provided
- Research lead and contact information, then cleanse and append the data as necessary using public and private tools
- Engage with numerous marketing systems and platforms to confirm data consistency and efficacy
- Support sales and marketing operations tasks, including reporting, segmentation, optimization and related tasks
- Execute campaigns as specified by the senior growth marketing manager
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the sales organization to ensure that leads are handed off in the optimal condition to ensure progress through the sales process
- Ensure sales compliance with lead management processes and data collection and usage
- Monitor and measure performance
Who you are:
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Desire and capacity to quickly learn and process information
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Preferred: Familiarity with CRM software (ideally Salesforce.com), Marketing Automation software (ideally Pardot), and ABM software (ideally Terminus)
- Preferred: Aptitude with website management platforms and data tracking tools associated with them
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related discipline
- Preferred: 3+ years’ experience in a marketing role
- Most importantly, you embody LeanDNA’s four core values:
- Fire in the belly. You show up every day hungry to accomplish our company goals. You’re passionate about bringing our customers value with every move (which means working intentionally to drive results over staying busy).
- One team. You’re extremely collaborative and love working on a motivated team—this helps maintain our accountable, transparent, and trusting culture.
- Unwavering humility. You leave your ego at the door. We’re all about listening, sharing generously, and making sure that when we succeed, we succeed together.
- Relentless curiosity. You strive for continuous innovation and improvement. We don’t rely on the status quo to solve our customers’ challenging problems—we push boundaries.