Careers: Database Developer
Who is LeanDNA?
LeanDNA is helping solve the $150B problem that global manufacturers face – too much inventory. Excess inventory ties up critical working capital and keeps manufacturing companies from being as efficient as they should be. Similarly, these companies are faced with operational fires related to critical inventory shortages – creating delays in delivering their product to customers on time. Without an effective way to optimize inventory, manufacturers are buying too much, not enough, or it’s in the wrong place at the wrong time.
LeanDNA’s cloud-based analytics platform provides operational efficiency and improves on-time delivery by arming Supply Chain teams with data and actions aimed at reducing shortages, optimizing inventory, and improving work. The platform utilizes predictive and prescriptive analytics to support inventory decisions, find opportunities to get ahead of future shortages and drive collaboration across teams, suppliers, and factory sites.
Database Developer Job Description
As a database developer in LeanDNA, you will work on data-centric development projects that help us scale our product offering, improve performance, and support new functionality. You will also work with full-stack developers to help them design new database schemas and optimize complex database queries. You will be responsible for maintaining LeanDNA’s various stored procedures. You will be a critical part of our team’s ability to offer our users excellent user experience.
- Lead the development of database-centric features such as improving scalability by changing the replication model or adopting new data technologies; improving user experience during data synchronization by supporting atomic data swaps; extend the ability to store historical data without degrading performance.
- Advise developers as they are adding new features in terms of additional storage requirements, schema design, and query optimization.
- Analyze and solve data-related performance issues encountered by users.
- Maintain and enhance a library of stored procedures used by our data pipeline and analytics engine.
- Hands-on experience working with TB scale relational data systems
- Hands-on experience with MariaDB or MySQL
- High proficiency in complex query optimization
- Experience with stored procedure development
- Ability to understand java code and the way it interacts with the database
Nice to have:
- Development abilities with java or python
- Familiarity with AWS data storage technologies such as RDS and Aurora, Athena, DynamoDB, Elasticache
- Experience with deploying replication solutions with relational databases