Careers: Director of Inside Sales
LeanDNA is helping solve the $150B problem that global manufacturers face–excess inventory tying up critical working capital and keeping manufacturing companies from being as efficient as they need to be. Without an effective way to optimize inventory, manufacturers are buying too much, too little, or placing inventory in the wrong place at the wrong time. Companies are stuck fighting operational fires related to critical inventory shortages, creating delays in delivering their product to customers on time.
LeanDNA’s factory inventory optimization and shortage management solution quickly empowers supply chain professionals to dramatically reduce excess inventory, deliver on time, and establish operational command of their organization’s inventory operations. LeanDNA optimizes the inventory management process by adding the much-needed (and much-appreciated) artificial intelligence into the forgotten area of the business: The factory. It’s not just about smart inventory planning—true optimization occurs when procurement leaders have command over the operation, and the supply chain teams tasked with bringing those plans to life have total visibility, AI-driven recommendations, and a clear game plan for hitting their inventory goals every time.
LeanDNA is rapidly growing, recently securing its Series B funding as they build the market for factory inventory optimization solutions for discrete manufacturers. Benefitting from very little direct competition, a tremendous ROI, rapid implementation, highly referenceable customers, and an addressable market of $1.7B in the U.S. alone, LeanDNA is well-positioned for rapid growth. Manufacturing sites across 17 countries rely on LeanDNA every day to optimize inventory and prevent shortages–and after a short 5-week implementation, they reduce inventory by 14% and shortages by 32% within the first year.
What is the Director of Inside Sales role?
Reporting to the VP of Sales and Partnerships, our Director of Inside Sales will lead the Mid-Market Sales Team and the Business Development Team. You’re an experienced sales coach who cares about developing and inspiring your teams to achieve their best. LeanDNA truly has continuous improvement and Lean methodologies at our core, so you need to be data-driven and believe that you can’t improve what you can’t measure.
We are looking for a doer—a hands-on coach who will roll up their sleeves, help us build the system and team, and take accountability for results while positively contributing to the culture. We’re committed to helping our customers and each other to build a great place to work.
What you’ll do:
As an early stage company, we’re looking for people that are flexible, open-minded, and highly motivated. Your role will involve these key responsibilities:
- Drive direct sales revenue by recruiting, on-boarding, training, and managing sales professionals.
- Develop a high-performance culture that cares deeply about serving our customers and the manufacturing industry
- Collaborate with Marketing to closely align on messaging, tactics, programs, and execution to ensure closed loop feedback on what’s working and what can be improved
- Manage the team in a data-driven and transparent environment where goals and metrics are clearly defined and communicated
- Understand what motivates team members to better help them connect to our mission and inspire them to give their best everyday
- Help your team members develop their skills and their careers
- Provide actionable feedback and solutions to improve systems, processes and tools to enable our go-to-market strategy
- Track record of over-achievement versus quota in Sales Management role in a fast-paced SaaS environment.
- 3+ years experience managing sales teams, preferably both technology and services based partnerships.
- 5+ years experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions.
- Passionate learner and teacher with a servant leadership mindset.
- Strong executive relationship building and selling skills
- Ability to quickly learn the product, industry, competitive landscape, differentiators and the complex supply chain market.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain technology (ex. ERP) is a huge bonus.
- Data-Nerd—you love technology and data, and might debate us about the difference between AI and Machine Learning.
- Adapt presenter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong listener, to both customers and colleagues to incorporate feedback into our messaging, product, processes, and culture.
- Most importantly, you embody LeanDNA’s four core values:
- Fire in the belly. You show up every day hungry to accomplish our company goals. You’re passionate about bringing our customers value with every move (which means working intentionally to drive results over staying busy).
- One team. You’re extremely collaborative and love working on a motivated team—this helps maintain our accountable, transparent, and trusting culture.
- Unwavering humility. You leave your ego at the door. We’re all about listening, sharing generously, and making sure that when we succeed, we succeed together.
- Relentless curiosity. You strive for continuous innovation and improvement. We don’t rely on the status quo to solve our customers’ challenging problems—we push boundaries.