Careers: Value Engineering
Who is LeanDNA?
LeanDNA is helping solve the $150B problem that global manufacturers face–too much inventory. Excess inventory ties up critical working capital and keeps manufacturing companies from being as efficient as they should be. Similarly, these companies are faced with operational fires related to critical inventory shortages, creating delays in delivering their product to customers on time. Without an effective way to optimize inventory, manufacturers are buying too much, not enough, or it’s in the wrong place at the wrong time.
LeanDNA’s cloud-based analytics platform provides operational efficiency and improves on-time delivery by arming Supply Chain teams with data and actions aimed at reducing shortages, optimizing inventory, and improving work. The platform utilizes predictive and prescriptive analytics to support inventory decisions, find opportunities to get ahead of future shortages, and drive collaboration across teams, suppliers, and factory sites.
What’s the Value Engineering Role?
The Value Engineering team at LeanDNA operates in conjunction with the Customer Success team to ensure our customers successfully engineer LeanDNA into their existing workflows and start generating savings as quickly as possible. The Value Engineering team works with the customers to establish new workflows and metrics to help them achieve their goals. If a customer requires unique metrics and/or analytics that are not directly available in LeanDNA, the Value Engineer will help them close these gaps whenever possible. As a Value Engineer, you will work closely with the customer’s senior management to ensure LeanDNA is driving improvements in their KPIs and delivering savings. You’ll leverage your expertise in supply chain management, data analytics and lean principles to provide our customers with solutions tailored to address their unique objectives.
To be successful in this role, you need experience working in supply chain management with experience reporting to senior management. You will be expected to be very familiar with ERP/MRP systems and supply chain theory. In addition to theory, the ideal candidate should be very familiar with ad-hoc data analysis techniques (pivot tables) and have some exposure to one or more data analytics tools (Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, etc.).
In addition, the ideal candidate should be a proven change agent that is familiar with lean principles including Lean project management (DMAIC), value stream mapping, and kaizen events. Prior experience leading lean events is highly beneficial.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform current state analysis of the customer’s supply chain management process
- Document bottlenecks and pain points
- Develop alternative workflows to mitigate issues using existing LeanDNA functionality
- Implement new workflows, meetings, and metrics with the customer
- Train the customer to monitor and manage the new workflows
- Establish Executive level metrics and dashboards
- Document the levers available to influence key metrics
- Monitor progress and provide proactive suggestions to the customer as required
- Support on-going QBRs
- Supply Chain Management experience working as either a senior buyer, manager, or director with 3-5 years of experience reporting to senior management.
- Credible and effective consultant/advisor/coach, especially around change management dealing directly with senior management (cultural, technical, and business)
- Detailed understanding of ERP systems and data analytics
- Experience in the Aerospace, Automotive, Commercial Truck, Heavy Equipment, or similar industries is desirable
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proven effectiveness at leading and conducting executive training sessions, meetings, and workshops (often remotely)
- Expertise in Lean principles and leading Lean events desirable
- SaaS experience desirable
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- BS degree in a Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering discipline