Careers: Technical Product Manager
Who is LeanDNA?
LeanDNA is helping solve the $150B problem that global manufacturers face–excess inventory tying up critical working capital and keeping manufacturing companies from being as efficient as they need to be. Without an effective way to optimize inventory, manufacturers are buying too much, too little, or placing inventory in the wrong place at the wrong time. Companies are stuck fighting operational fires related to critical inventory shortages, creating delays in delivering their product to customers on time.
LeanDNA’s factory inventory optimization and shortage management solution quickly empowers supply chain professionals to dramatically reduce excess inventory, deliver on time, and establish operational command of their organization’s inventory operations. LeanDNA optimizes the inventory management process by adding the much-needed (and much-appreciated) artificial intelligence into the forgotten area of the business: The factory. It’s not just about smart inventory planning—true optimization occurs when procurement leaders have command over the operation, and the supply chain teams tasked with bringing those plans to life have total visibility, AI-driven recommendations, and a clear game plan for hitting their inventory goals every time.
LeanDNA is rapidly growing, recently securing its Series B funding as they build the market for factory inventory optimization solutions for discrete manufacturers. Benefitting from very little direct competition, a tremendous ROI, rapid implementation, highly referenceable customers, and an addressable market of $1.7B in the U.S. alone, LeanDNA is well-positioned for rapid growth. Manufacturing sites across 17 countries rely on LeanDNA every day to optimize inventory and prevent shortages–and after a short 5-week implementation, they reduce inventory by 14% and shortages by 32% within the first year.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will play a critical role as we transform the way supply chain teams work by replacing their outdated and manual processes (typically a messy combination of spreadsheets, BI tools, and email) with our intuitive, purpose-built, AI-driven platform. The result is passionate and humbling customer loyalty – we consistently hear from our customers how we’ve changed their lives, and it never gets old.
Sound exciting? It is! The Product team at LeanDNA is right in the middle of the action and plays an important role in the success of the company. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who enjoys working on small teams that have a big impact and loves applying cutting-edge technology and great design to solve meaningful business problems.
You’ll report to our head of Product Management and work side-by-side with our Design and Engineering teams to drive LeanDNA’s platform vision, focused on scaling our data integration systems, building out our API and partner integration strategy, and improving our AI-Driven Analytics engine. This role requires coordinating all product activities from vision to implementation, including engaging large enterprise customers to understand their needs, developing long-term product strategy, defining product roadmaps, working with engineering to build those products, and coordinating with various internal stakeholders (both pre- and post-launch) to ensure product success. The right candidate will have to balance technical and customer-centric demands to keep our platform ahead of the curve.
In This Role, You Will:
- Be a strategist – define the vision and strategy for our platform and APIs, and advance our market leadership position by making the right technology and data available to our customers.
- Be a problem solver – research and identify the problem and market opportunity, ideate solutions, prototype, and validate hypotheses.
- Be customer-centric – understand user needs and advocate for the user while advancing the needs of the business.
- Be a value catalyst – leverage LeanDNA’s unique data and AI to unlock new experiences and new features that deliver the full potential of LeanDNA to our clients.
- Be a Team Player – collaborate with domain experts, developers and data engineers to define the technology infrastructure and data architecture necessary to deliver integration experiences for our customers.
- Translate customer needs and opportunities into a compelling platform, API, and analytics roadmap that supports the key business objectives of our customers and potential partner integrations.
- Work closely with engineers, internal stakeholders, and customers to manage end-to-end roadmap execution with a data-driven approach to prioritization.
- Work with sales, marketing and customer success teams to create the content and tools needed to successfully sell, implement, and service the products.
- Manage Early Access programs with customers to gather feedback and incorporate insights into the products.
- Own technical support and manage documentation during the initial ramp-up period of products.
- Define and utilize metrics to gauge product performance and evolve the strategy as needed.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience in SaaS or enterprise software – experience in analytics, supply chain or ERP for manufacturing a plus.
- Technical background – you will bring strong API platform development expertise that will complement the strengths of the LeanDNA product management team.
- Experience in defining and managing APIs for platforms and/or SaaS applications, integrations, building and/or using APIs to integrate enterprise systems or similar technical products.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with proven ability to build relationships, lead by influence and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability with a data-driven approach to decision making.
- Excellent written and presentation skills – ability to distill complex problems and communicate with non-technical stakeholders on the capabilities and architecture of the solution, and communicate the business value and technical rationale behind your product decisions.