Careers: Staff Engineer
LeanDNA is helping solve the $150B problem that global manufacturers face–too much inventory. Excess inventory ties up critical working capital and keeps manufacturing companies from being as efficient as they should be. Similarly, these companies are faced with operational fires related to critical inventory shortages, creating delays in delivering their product to customers on time. Without an effective way to optimize inventory, manufacturers are buying too much, not enough, or it’s in the wrong place at the wrong time.
LeanDNA’s cloud-based analytics platform provides operational efficiency and improves on-time delivery by arming Supply Chain teams with data and actions aimed at reducing shortages, optimizing inventory, and improving work. The platform utilizes predictive and prescriptive analytics to support inventory decisions, find opportunities to get ahead of future shortages, and drive collaboration across teams, suppliers, and factory sites.
About Staff Engineer
As our analytics team grows, we see the need for high-level technical leadership for the team. The technical leader for the team:
- Analyzes future roadmap product requirements and technology trends, and builds a technology roadmap for the team: what technologies will we use? How will they benefit our customers and internal needs? How will we migrate to these technologies? What sort of resources will be needed for these transitions? What are the steps to get to the adoption of these technologies? What is a realistic timeline for these transitions?
- Introduces new concepts and technologies, acting as an individual contributor that builds prototypes all the way through usage in production.
- Sets guidelines and standards for newly introduced technologies and their usage.
- Introduces development tools for using new technologies.
- Mentors team members on adopting new technologies.
- Experience Implementing systems using Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, ColumnStore, or other big data processing systems.
- Proficiency with Java and relational databases
- Experience in the introduction of new technologies to a software development team:
- Inception and driving decision for the technology stack
- Planning resources and time
- Prototyping and risk mitigation
- Laying out the roadmap and driving the on-time completion of the project
- Rolling out to production at scale
- Excellent capability to mentor team members in new technologies
- Building dev tools
- Writing easy to follow guidelines and how-to’s
- Working 1:1 with developers to ensure smooth adoption of the technology
- A high degree of business acumen and understanding of our market that allows aligning company and product goals to the technology roadmap
- Proven ability to work with other departments (Product, Marketing, Customer Success, Support, Sales) to understand pain points and ensure that the solutions being implemented address those.
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS technologies such as Athena, Glue, Sagemaker, Lambda, Step Functions, Terraform, CloudFormation
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org >>