Careers: Solutions Engineer
LeanDNA is helping solve the $150B problem that global manufacturers face – too much inventory. Excess inventory ties up critical working capital and keeps manufacturing companies from being as efficient as they should be. Similarly, these companies are faced with operational fires related to critical inventory shortages – creating delays in delivering their product to customers on time. Without an effective way to optimize inventory, manufacturers are buying too much, not enough, or it’s in the wrong place at the wrong time.
LeanDNA’s cloud-based analytics platform provides operational efficiency and improves on-time delivery by arming Supply Chain teams with data and actions aimed at reducing shortages, optimizing inventory, and improving work. The platform utilizes predictive and prescriptive analytics to support inventory decisions, find opportunities to get ahead of future shortages and drive collaboration across teams, suppliers, and factory sites.
What is the Solutions Engineer role at LeanDNA?
The Solutions Engineering (SE) team at LeanDNA is a prospect & customer-facing group of strategic, technical, and product gurus who understand the LeanDNA platform, our manufacturing customers’ challenges and systems landscape, and are passionate about applying LeanDNA to drive meaningful business results. The LeanDNA SE team partners with both our internal teams and our customers to understand requirements, communicate capabilities, respond to questions, and run product demonstrations on sales opportunities. The SEs work closely with our sales & marketing teams, our customers, as well as our product, design, and engineering teams to define and communicate how LeanDNA can help customers achieve their inventory goals and overall business objectives. The SEs are responsible for understanding a prospect or customer’s in-depth business issues, processes, and systems to help determine the best way they can leverage the LeanDNA platform.
The Sales team relies on the SEs to understand the requirements of their customers and how LeanDNA can be used to address their needs. Sales also relies on SEs to best position the product in discussions and to understand the customer’s technical landscape and how LeanDNA would fit into their technology stack.
SEs are a strategic resource able to wear many hats who are instrumental in helping our internal teams and guiding our prospects through the technical sales journey. Whether it’s a discussion about a specific prospect’s challenges, discussing a new product feature, helping with the solution support of new or existing customers, or ensuring that sales opportunities are moving forward, the SE team is central to the success and continued growth of LeanDNA.
What you’ll do:
Since we’re a relatively small team, we’re looking for people that are flexible, curious to learn, driven, adaptable, and collaborative. Your role will involve these key responsibilities:
- Supporting sales opportunities in all stages of engagements from discovery and qualification to project implementation steady state
- Developing and delivering high quality sales presentations focused on product use-cases, technical integrations, and the customer journey
- Developing and maintaining personal relationships with prospects during the sales process across many different prospects simultaneously
- Training Account Executives and Business Development Reps on product demo techniques & providing guidelines, scripts, checklists and other resources to assist in the advancement of skills and product/industry knowledge for the sales team
- Conceptualizing and communicating how LeanDNA can create value for our prospective customers
- Performing customer needs assessments and understanding the customers’ supply chain technology landscape and processes
- Contributing to the creation of standardized internal processes and best practices
- Participating in discussions with prospects regarding the competitive landscape, drawing on knowledge of competitive differentiation and positioning while working closely with Product & Product Marketing teams
- Supporting the sales team by authoring responses to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Participating at conferences, trade shows, and other events as needed
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of Sales Engineering/Solutions Consulting experience on enterprise SaaS B2B solutions (experience with ERP, supply chain, or manufacturing-related systems is strongly preferred)
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field (engineering, business, information systems, or supply chain/manufacturing-related discipline is strongly preferred)
- Solid technical experience with SaaS platforms and integrations is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at every level of the organization (especially supply chain and factory operations roles including C-suite, supply chain/operations executives, factory managers, supply chain directors, buyers, supply chain analytics, and IT professionals)
- Able to run deliver effective presentations and product demonstrations in time-constrained situations
- A passion for continuous improvement with a desire to learn, iterate, and improve
- Strong business communication skills and meticulous note taking
- A resourceful and collaborative team player willing to support others (on your team and cross-functionally) as needed
- Experience of presenting business/operational software solutions in front of a technical and business audience
- Ability to effectively convey customer requirements internally to the Product Management, Customer Success, Support, and Engineering teams
- Ability to work under pressure and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to listen, effectively respond to questions, and tactfully address objections
- Understanding of basic Supply Chain & Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Data analysis ability (Excel, SQL, or other database experience)
- Experience in a start-up or a start-up mentality
- Travel up to 30% (post-COVID)
- Most importantly, you embody LeanDNA’s four core values:
- Fire in the belly. You show up every day hungry to accomplish our company goals. You’re passionate about bringing our customers value with every move (which means working intentionally to drive results over staying busy).
- One team. You’re extremely collaborative and love working on a motivated team—this helps maintain our accountable, transparent, and trusting culture.
- Unwavering humility. You leave your ego at the door. We’re all about listening, sharing generously, and making sure that when we succeed, we succeed together.
- Relentless curiosity. You strive for continuous innovation and improvement. We don’t rely on the status quo to solve our customers’ challenging problems—we push boundaries.