Careers: Senior Product Designer
Who is LeanDNA?
At LeanDNA we have a unique opportunity to revolutionize the way factories optimize inventory with predictive analytics and prescriptive AI. Our customers include many of the world’s leading aerospace, industrial, medical, and automotive manufacturers. We are small but growing fast – and we recently raised $15 million in funding this December and have been recognized as one of Built In Austin’s 2020 Best Small Places to work!
As a Product Designer you will play a critical role as we build a product that moves users away from the outdated and manual processes that exist in factories today (spreadsheets, email, BI tools, etc.) and into the future of intuitive purpose-built, AI-driven software. You’ll report to our Head of Product Design on a growing team, working side-by-side with Product and Engineering to design the future of our tool and create meaningful product experiences. At LeanDNA we value highly collaborative, supportive and inclusive environments. Design plays a major role in the company’s success. Small Team = Big Impact.
What you’ll do:
- Advocate for our users to ensure we’re building the right solutions to their daily challenges, and focus on the top 20% of problems that will solve for 80% of our users
- Conduct user research and synthesize findings through interviews and observation (online plus onsite travel) to understand their journey and guide product decisions
- Work closely with product management to translate use cases from product requirements into intuitive designs
- Brainstorm and ideate on new product concepts
- Iterate through wireframes and create workflow-driven designs for key personas, to cleverly simplify complex scenarios
- Validate and test design flows with users and internal stakeholders
- Measure and analyze user behavior (in Pendo)
- Polish everything off with great visual design
- Participate in a UI refresh, including the development of a new Design Language System
- Collaborate with engineering for hand-off and implementation of design requirements – adapt designs to what’s technically feasible, knowing when to push back
An ideal candidate will provide a design portfolio or samples that represent thoughtful problem solving for complex workflows. Not required, but a plus: past work with data visualization and enterprise application design (at-scale).
Tools we use:
- whiteboards for brainstorming
- Pen + Paper (or digital) for wireframing
- Figma for Hi-Fi, prototypes, and handoff
- Pendo for user analytics & guides
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS (to work with engineering)
Qualities we embrace:
- Humility with strong opinions, loosely held
- Empathy and compassion for coworkers and our users
- Curiosity and an eagerness to learn
- Willingness to jump in and collaborate
- Clear communication to effectively present ideas internally and to customers
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options – be a shareholder in the company
- Generous Paid Time Off + 13 company paid holidays
- Health benefits – medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and EAP
- 401k program
- A fun, engaging culture where creativity, integrity and employee satisfaction are really valued
- Lots of company outings and internal celebrations
- A task or process without ownership? Own it!