Careers: QA Test Engineer
Who is LeanDNA?
LeanDNA is helping solve the $150B problem that global manufacturers face–too much inventory. Excess inventory ties up critical working capital and keeps manufacturing companies from being as efficient as they should be. Similarly, these companies are faced with operational fires related to critical inventory shortages that create delays in delivering their product to customers on time. Without an effective way to optimize inventory, manufacturers are buying too much, not enough, or it’s in the wrong place at the wrong time.
LeanDNA’s cloud-based analytics platform provides operational efficiency and improves on-time delivery by arming supply chain professionals with the tools to dramatically reduce excess inventory, deliver on time, and establish operational command across their organizations, delighting customers and unlocking new business growth. The platform utilizes predictive and prescriptive analytics to support inventory decisions, find opportunities to get ahead of future shortages, and drive collaboration across teams, suppliers, and factory sites.
What is the QA Test Engineer Role?
If you are an industrial or manufacturing engineer that is looking to move to the software realm, or a QA Engineer with a passion for quality improvements, this is an exciting opportunity for you. LeanDNA is looking for a detail-oriented and self-motivated individual who understands lean manufacturing concepts and processes and can help us ensure that our solutions provide accurate and actionable insights to our users.
In this position, you will perform testing of new and existing functionality. You will work with the product and customer success teams to understand the customer requirements in detail. You will interact with the dev team to ensure the requirements are fulfilled and the solutions provide an excellent user experience.
This position offers a mixture of manual verification, test automation, and activities that help us improve the quality of our development processes. Our automation stack includes python-based frontend testing, creation of test scenarios using simulated data sets, python, frontend testing frameworks and Java unit tests.
We offer excellent opportunities to prove yourself in an extremely fast-cycle deployment and a chance to get in early and grow alongside a high-trajectory team. We move fast and do really cool things. Join us and take a key role in building out our QA team.
What you will be doing:
- Test new and existing features, ensuring that customer expectations are met
- Communicate with the product team to fully understand the customer requirements
- Report any defects in a detailed manner to the development team
- Provide sign-off for the release of new features
- Develop test cases for new and existing functionality
- Contribute to sprint activities such as retrospectives and release readiness reviews
- Degree in Engineering, CS, Math or Science
- Detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Due to the nature of our business, we can only accept U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residency status
- Working experience with supply chain and ERP systems
- Experience writing new automated test scenarios to expand coverage and reduce the need for manual testing over time
- Software development lifecycle knowledge and experience with software testing tools and methodologies
- Scripting abilities (python, bash) and experience with test automation
If you are an industrial or manufacturing engineer that is looking to move to the software realm, we’d love to speak with you.