Careers: Product Marketing Manager
LeanDNA is helping solve the $150B problem that global manufacturers face – too much inventory. Excess inventory ties up critical working capital and keeps manufacturing companies from being as efficient as they should be. Similarly, these companies are faced with operational fires related to critical inventory shortages – creating delays in delivering their product to customers on time. Without an effective way to optimize inventory, manufacturers are buying too much, not enough, or it’s in the wrong place at the wrong time.
LeanDNA’s cloud-based analytics platform provides operational efficiency and improves on-time delivery by arming Supply Chain teams with data and actions aimed at reducing shortages, optimizing inventory, and improving work. The platform utilizes predictive and prescriptive analytics to support inventory decisions, find opportunities to get ahead of future shortages and drive collaboration across teams, suppliers, and factory sites.
What is the Product Marketing Manager role at LeanDNA?
As a product marketing manager, you are responsible for making LeanDNA’s solutions “fly-off the shelf.”
This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will be part of our marketing team and will collaborate to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates with our ICP and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
What you’ll do:
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria. For both new logo acquisition and existing customer expansion.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for our products in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention/expansion of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support our products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for LeanDNA products externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Asana, Google Suite
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation and tracking tools such as Marketo, Pardot and Omniture, and Google Analytics.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Team player!
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) III or higher preferred.
- Most importantly, you embody LeanDNA’s four core values:
- Fire in the belly. You show up every day hungry to accomplish our company goals. You’re passionate about bringing our customers value with every move (which means working intentionally to drive results over staying busy).
- One team. You’re extremely collaborative and love working on a motivated team—this helps maintain our accountable, transparent, and trusting culture.
- Unwavering humility. You leave your ego at the door. We’re all about listening, sharing generously, and making sure that when we succeed, we succeed together.
- Relentless curiosity. You strive for continuous innovation and improvement. We don’t rely on the status quo to solve our customers’ challenging problems—we push boundaries.