Who is LeanDNA?
LeanDNA is helping solve the $150B problem that global manufacturers face – too much inventory. Excess inventory ties up critical working capital and keeps manufacturing companies from being as efficient as they should be. Similarly, these companies are faced with operational fires related to critical inventory shortages – creating delays in delivering their product to customers on time. Without an effective way to optimize inventory, manufacturers are buying too much, not enough, or it’s in the wrong place at the wrong time.
LeanDNA’s cloud-based analytics platform provides operational efficiency and improves on-time delivery by arming Supply Chain teams with data and actions aimed at reducing shortages, optimizing inventory, and improving work. The platform utilizes predictive and prescriptive analytics to support inventory decisions, find opportunities to get ahead of future shortages and drive collaboration across teams, suppliers, and factory sites.
As LeanDNA’s Database Administrator, you will be responsible for the performance, availability, monitoring, and security of our data layer. It will be your job to ensure the smooth operation of our database instances. You will also be guiding our full-stack developers to write performant database queries. You will be a critical part of our team’s ability to offer our users an excellent user experience.
- Monitor performance by defining and tracking performance KPIs
- Prioritize and fix performance issues to ensure the performance goals are met
- Ensure proper alerting mechanisms are in place for availability and replication issues
- Respond to availability alerts when needed
- Own the database backup and restore processes
- Manage the growth of the data layer (horizontal and vertical)
- Automate recurring maintenance tasks
- Hands-on experience administering TB scale relational data systems
- Hands-on experience with MariaDB or MySQL
- High proficiency in query optimization
- Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2 and EBS
- Experience with Linux system administration and scripting
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with data warehouse solutions
- Experience with AWS EC2 and AWS data offerings such as Aurora, Redshift, and QuickSight
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options – be a shareholder in the company
- Generous Paid Time Off + 13 company paid holidays
- Health benefits – medical, dental, vision, STD and EAP
- 401k program
- A fun, engaging culture where creativity, integrity and employee satisfaction are really valued
- Lots of company outings and internal celebrations
- A task or process without ownership? Own it!